Monday, November 12, 2012

True Love

Today is my parents' 46th wedding anniversary.  By today's standards that's like a bazillion years.  What a testimony to commitment they are.  They have weathered my mom's many physical illnesses, my dad's severe depression, job losses, raising two children, financial hardships, loss of loved ones over the years and all the ups and downs that one experiences during a lifetime together.  But through it all they've stood by each other and stayed true to their wedding vows.  Their love has grown and strengthened and deepened.  It's truly inspirational.

Here they are on their wedding day.  I've always thought that my mom is one of the most beautiful brides I've ever seen.  And my dad was pretty darn handsome.  They were so young and innocent with no clue as to what the future would hold.  But then, that's all of us, isn't it?  Just taking it one day at a time.  Trusting, hoping, loving, believing.  Holding on to each other; never letting go.

4 comments:

o malley said...

I have that picture!!
They ALL look very nice.

Trace said...

Aww... Happy Anniversary to them! What a beautiful photo! :)

notes4neta said...

46 years is something worth celebrating! Congratulations to your parents!

Kori's House said...

I just love this picture! Your beautiful Mom & handsome Dad, so young and full of love :)